Rodent Exclusion and Clean-Out in Seattle
Entrance Detection & Exclusion
Rodent removal doesn’t work unless you understand how these resourceful little creatures are getting into your home or business. If you’re having rodent problems, give us a call! We offer extensive rodent inspections in and around the Puyallup, WA area.
Rodent control requires several steps when it comes to getting rid of rats and mice entirely. First is finding out how they are gaining entrance and closing those entry points. The next step is trapping and eliminating the mice or rats that are currently wreaking havoc on your home or business.
At Whitworth Pest Solutions, we inspect your home and/or business for every possible rodent entry point. Our technicians are trained in the behavior of mice and rats and know where to start looking based on the type of infestation you are experiencing. Once we find the entry points, we block them with material that mice can’t chew through, stopping the infestation from growing. Our services don’t stop there; we also clean up the damage left behind by the rats or mice.
Rodents don’t just come into your home or business, eat have a meal, and then leave willingly. They build nests, chew and destroy insulation and leave behind droppings, which create foul odors and bacteria. When you contact Whitworth Pest Solutions, we inspect for nesting places of these pests and clean areas that have been soiled or damaged.
If you are seeking a pest control company in Seattle that follows the process from beginning to end, contact us and see what we can do for you. We service both residential and commercial buildings, and our knowledgeable technicians will ensure the job gets done right. Rats and mice don’t stand a chance once we get involved!
Here is a sample of exclusion services we provide (list is not all inclusive).
- Crawl space access door repair or replacement.
- Filling in rodent burrows with concrete from inside the crawl space and/or filling and collapsing burrows from the outside.
- Installing door sweeps and thresholds.
- Installing rodent guards over dryer vent exhausts.
- Repair and/or replacing attic vents, gable vents, soffit vents, roof vents.
- Repair and/or replacing disconnected dryer ducting damaged by rodents.
- Repairing or sealing around roof vent pipe boots.
- Re-screening foundation vent screens.
- Screening/sealing under wood or metal skirting.
- Sealing around cable wires, pipes, etc. entering the building.
- Sealing around sewer pipe openings exiting underneath the foundation.
- Sealing gaps between the sill plate and foundation wall.
- Sealing gaps where rooflines meet.
- Sealing miscellaneous foundation gaps.
- Securing the underside of bay windows or alcove cantilever bottoms.
Restoring Damage Done by Rodents
Often, it’s not enough to repair rodent access points. Sometimes the crawl space under the building or attic area above has been soiled by rodent feces and urine to the point where there are serious odor and sanitation issues. Also, the insulation may have lost much or all of its effectiveness as well as become soiled.
Here is a sample of cleanout services we provide (list is not all inclusive).
- Crawl space vapor barrier replacement.
- Deodorizing and treating with anti-microbial agents.
- Vacuuming of rodent feces.
- Removal of all rodent and wildlife carcasses.
- Removal of all soiled insulation (bat insulation only).
- Removal of form lumber and all scrap wood and other debris left under buildings by various contractors through the years (to lessen the chance of termite infestation)